Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts
Corporate, LLC's, Partnerships
Oil and Gas Law
Q. Anthony Siemer
Throughout its history, the growth and evolution of The Law Firm has been closely identified with Effingham's own growth and civic activities. The firm's attorneys have participated in and led numerous public, private, fraternal, charitable and professional endeavors. Several of the firm's members have served in the judiciary and legislative branches of state government and in local government.
Many of the area's leading attorneys have practiced in the firm, bringing together diverse capabilities on which the firm has built its foundation of expertise and success. Past partners in the firm include Richard H. Brummer (a former State Representative who left the firm for the judiciary) and Tracy W. Resch (a former Clark County State's Attorney who also left the firm for the judiciary).
For over 100 years, The Law Firm has been continuously engaged in the representation of large and small businesses, public institutions, not for profit organizations and individuals in a wide range of legal matters. The firm's clients are also geographically diverse, including local, regional, state and national clients. The strategic office location in Effingham offers the firm's clients access to the Circuit Courts of Central and Southern Illinois, the Fourth District and Fifth District Appellate Courts, the Illinois Supreme Court, and Federal District and Bankruptcy Courts for both the Central and Southern Districts of Illinois.
Our firm is one of the pioneer law firms in the region, with its origins dating back to 1894, when Harry S. Parker graduated from law school. After practicing with the Wood Brothers firm for a short time, he set out on the practice of law in Effingham. His firm would eventually become The Law Firm. Harry's practice was put on hold in 1897, as the onset of the Spanish-American war brought a hiatus to his practice while Colonel Parker served that cause.
George H. Bauer joined Harry as a partner shortly after World War I, creating the firm of Parker & Bauer. George was known not only as a skilled attorney, but also as one of the more unique characters to grace both the courthouse and the streets of Effingham.
Harry and George continued to grow their firm, renaming it as Parker, Bauer & Parker in 1936 when Harry's son, Howard S. Parker joined them. Later, Howard's son, James S. Parker joined the firm as well. As other partners joined the firm, it was known by several other names.